Must #32: Do Something That Scares You


There are a lot of things in life that I'm afraid of. I might act tough but when it comes to roller coasters I shake in my boots. What better place to ride some of the craziest roller coasters than Six Flags Magic Mountain? I have to say I'm a pretty lucky gal to have the most kick butt friends to go with. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive and hilarious crew. All of the coasters were crazy and as I'm being thrown like a rag doll all I can hear is my friends saying,"Lindsay Breathe...Breathe Lindsay.." Way to look out for me guys! Again, I was really lucky to have a supportive crew to help me accomplish this goal. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day despite sue telling me that the next ride would be easier than the last-which was never the case! I felt like a little kid going to the doctors for a surprise shot all over again. After riding the biggest and baddest of coasters we were all pretty useless and headed out. It's fascinating how multiple Adrenalin rushes can put you to sleep in seconds. I must give props to Chris for taking such awesome action photos-You rock!

The idea of doing something that you're afraid of came from a piece of advice I read,"Everyday do one thing that scares you". This alone has inspired me to conquer my fears which in turn has helped me grow as a stronger individual. I can finally say that I've faced one of my BIGGEST fears (tearless with no whining). As cliche as it sounds-we only have one life and fear isn't going to stop me from experiencing it to the fullest. My advice to those who dare to try something that scares them...Take the jump! and be ready to face a whole new world with endless possibitlies. Shoot, I did. I flew upside down, sideways and backwards all at the same time. I've never been so proud of myself and I can't wait to do it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment