Must #12: Go Karaoking



I'm no Whitney Houston, but who can resist grabbing a mic and singing like the next American Idol?Life's more fun when you don't take yourself seriously. Anyone who knows me personally knows that everyday is a comedy with the craziness that comes out of my mouth. I'll be the first to admit that I'm my own favorite comedian (besides my sister Jenny). I'm the first to laugh at my mistakes. Okay so this is where karaoke comes in. Ever since my sister performed, "Easy", with the lines, "I'm Easy...Easy like a Sunday Morning.." when she was 9 months pregnant 2 1/2 years ago, I haven't been able to get karaoking out of my head. Her provocative and fun dance moves had me busting up. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. That night she taught me that when you karaoke you need to go above and beyond when it comes to the performance:Go Big or Go Home. For my first song I chose, "Hit me with your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar. A Classic and a warm up for what I really came to do. "Let's give Em Something to Talk About", was my pride and joy. I really tried to have fun with the crowd and kept in mind what my sister would have done. I had an absolute blast and have never performed anything like that before. My advice to anyone who tries it...make sure to take some liquid courage- it really helps make the performance that much more entertaining. You can only imagine what it did for me.

Up close and personal with the crowd-This was my most ambitious moment

Mike and I've been friends for over 10 years and I had no clue he could sing...To make matters worse-he completely up staged me with, "Baby got Back"

No comments:

Post a Comment