Aromatherapy Oils

Aromatherapy Oils
Let's start with the basics, "aromatherapy is the practice of using the natural oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being." If your looking for a simple holistic approach to fix ailments, this is the way to go. As a skeptic I put it to the test and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. For example, a simple whiff of lavender calmed my nerves and completely reset my mood. The oils are easy to use providing fast acting results.  If you're not afraid to try something new, check it out for yourself.

Aromatherapy Oils
                             
1. Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia)Lavender stimulates cell growth function, especially the skin cells. Improve endurance, reduce pain, reduce depression, lower blood pressure, relax tense muscles. Lavender can relieve stress, excessive emotions, and dependence. If you have difficulty in sleeping, take a few drops of Lavender oil in your pillow or a few drops in your warm bath before sleeping, you may reduce the insomnia.

2. Kanuka (Kunzea Ericoides)Kanuka functioning relieve skin allergies, increase endurance, strengthen concentration, increase feelings of confidence.

3. Tea Tree (Maleleuca Alternifolia)Tea Tree as immune stimulant, anti-virus, anti-septic and anti-fungal. Useful to treat dandruff and acne. Used to reduce cough, asthma and sinus. Able to improve blood circulation and lymph glands. Good for people with stress, mental weakness and depression.

4. Roman Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis)Very good for babies and children. Serves to stimulate the formation of white blood cells, relaxing, stretching the nerves, reduce emotional feelings such as anger, fear, sadness, tension, so they can become more calm and patient.

5. Sandalwood (Santalum Album)Function: soften the skin and balance the water content, kill bacteria, remove phlegm, sore throat, cure cough, bronchitis, and increase sexual desire.

6. Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)Benefits: balancing the hormones in any situation (menstruation's, menopause, pre natal, post natal). Accelerate wound healing. Recommended for PMS, menopausal and pre menopausal period.

7. Lemon (Citrus Limonum)Benefits: stomach acid balance, reduce cellulite, helps healing sore throats and either used as a cold.

8. Peppermint (Mentha Piperita)Serves to relieve headaches, enlighten the mind matted. For digestion: reduce nausea and bloating. Peppermint prohibited for pregnant women because it can stop the milk production.

9. Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Bluegum)Benefits: reduce the itch from mosquito bites, to help deal with problems such as respiratory and diuretic. The smell of eucalyptus and Cajeput are similar. Practice distinguish scent, because it really looked like.

10. Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)Ginger is a natural aspirin, which can help the patients blood viscosity, all types of muscle pain, reduce nausea, bloating, and increase appetite.
List provided by: Hub pages

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I've also been experimenting with oils and there are some on here that I haven't tried that you have convinced me of and I look forward to experimenting with.

    (Warning: long comment below).

    I wanted to share my experience with some of these oils. I don't sleep very well and I've tried everything under the sun to help with sleeping. The over the counter sleep aids make me feel hung over for up to 3 days after I've taken them and even Melatonin wouldn't help me stay asleep. One night, I dropped a couple drops of lavender on my pillow case and I don't even remember falling asleep. What I do remember is waking up the next day fully rejuvenated. The tossing and turning all night didn't happen. I woke up in the same position I laid down in.

    I've found that Melaleuca also helps with scars. I had some scars that were ugly and taking forever to flatten and lighten so I randomly decided to start rubbing melaleuca oil on them every night and they went down CONSIDERABLY, as well as lightened up. I'm a firm believer in Melaleuca.

    When I was taking night classes this last semester, my last class of the night was math (totally horrifying). By the time it was 8 p.m., I was wasted from my previous upper level literature classes and the last thing I wanted to do was help math figure out her problems. I started rubbing in the slightest amount of Peppermint oil onto my temples and into my wrists and the difference was incredible. I went from being foggy-headed to completely alert and ready to learn, and the transformation was within a matter of seconds! I will definitely keep using Peppermint for future math class and night classes.

    I've only recently started experimenting with Sandalwood and one thing I recognize is that it makes me feel grounded and more aware of myself and my thought patterns. I recognize this difference because I started to implement the use of sandalwood with my other oils and that's the difference I noted which I wasn't aware of occurring previously without Sandalwood. I can't explain the difference. It makes me consider decisions before I just jump into them which is something I need. Also, when I wear it I feel like the "grounding" that I experience is one where I am acutely aware of my nature. That sounds weird. I feel like a rooted tree when I wear it and therefore more confident in the decisions I make and not as swayed easily in my decisions. For whatever that's worth, I love Sandalwood.

    And I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant eat ginger but i looove the smell of it!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about making your own cosmetics? Cute blog you have here, and you are so beautiful! Thanks for the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't because I rarely where cosmetics and don't know much about the industry, but thank you for the compliment ;) You Rock!

      Delete
  4. I love quite a few of these, especially lavender :) It's fascinating how each has its unique properties and benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I've been looking for some good aromatherapy oils and such. Glad you did a little description on each too.

    http://southerngirllivingthecitydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete