DIY Stencil Painting

I love DIY (Do It Yourself) projects. As a novice, with very little creative talent, I wanted to put my "skills" to work. Stencil painting did the trick. Why stencil painting? It's easy, clean, and almost effortless. For those who need inspiration, like myself, Martha Stewart online provides a variety of creative DIY projects. To be honest, I'm not a  Martha Stewart fan, but it fit the bill. I'm very satisfied with my creation, and even hopeful for the next.

If you want to create your own, here's what you'll need:

1. Canvas, any size will work (The canvas I used was a 36" x 36")
2. Martha Stewart Stencils
3. Stencil paints (Choose any colors that spark your interest)
4. Sponge brush



DIY Stencil Painting
I used the following Martha Stewart paints: Wet Cement, Artichoke, Scallion, and Lake Fog

I'm no Picaso, but say "Hello" to my masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea!...I can't wait to try it ! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete